Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Whose table and chairs are the best?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Which set is your favorite (not the dishes, just the furniture)? Why?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member mystere's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2005
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Josefina's- love the detailing! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2004
    Posts
    424
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Josefina's table is my favorite. The carving is very nice. There is a compartment in the table that holds the dishes, very nice for storage, can be a secret compartment. The chairs are ample size, so the dolls don't fall off. My second choice is Kirsten's. The dolls stay put on her chairs also.

    You didn't ask this, however Josefina's Trunk is excellent too. The carving is beautiful. It has a lift out try which is nice for shoes and accessories. Even though you don't get the accessories now, you will. LOL Just stay on this board.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lindy- I've been collecting since 1989- if I've resisted accessories this long, I can resist them further!

    I am actually hoping to start collecting furniture when we move into a house (this fall?) which is why I am now exploring my options.

    I have collected dresses with a "try to keep it even" perspective, but I think I need to pick a doll to specifically collect furniture for at a time. Otherwise, I'll have 5 tables! (Which I don't have room for yet)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have noticed that many of you don't collect the furniture, but I really want it.

    DD has told me that since she has Kit, she doesn't really want Molly anymore. I guess she's a one doll girl!! We'll see if we can change that--ha ha ha.

    Before I thought that I wanted Addy, I always loved her table and chairs, and now that I have her, I will be trying to get it and her bed as well (which I liked). I don't really like the metal type look of Kit's and Molly's.

    So I know which collection I will be focusing on.

    Of course, I also want Kit's desk and bed stuff for dd.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm suprised more people haven't chimed in on which they like the best. I've never really seen them, so I can't say. AGPNY was so crowded the day I went, I didn't get a good look.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner tomgirl571's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2005
    Posts
    65
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My favorite is Molly's [img]smile.gif[/img] But then again, I'm a 40's fanatic. I love the style from the WWII era. Next to that, I'd have to say Kit, because I love the color of it, my walls are the same green.
    And then I love Licie's, the dark brown is gorgeous with the blue on the chairs!
    I don't own any tables or chairs yet, but once I get a job I'll be saving up for them.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My favorite is Samantha's. The chairs have arms and seat cushions so the dolls stay on well, even BB can sit on them!

    We have Kit's, but it's still in hiding. It's beautiful, I'm not sure how well the dolls will stay in them. We have Molly's wood set, really cute and I like how the leaves drop, making it store nicely. But the dolls don't sit at well in those chairs, they slide forward. Kirsten's set is also still in hiding, waiting for 9yo DD to become a little more responsible, very pretty but I'm thinking the dolls will slide in all the wooden, armless chairs.

    Josefina's is the prettiest IMO. But the dolls can't put their feet under the table and there is still the sliding issue. We don't yet have Addy's or Felicity's.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member perndragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2005
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I was little and AG was young I really wanted Samantha's wicker set. It seemed so spring and ladylike and I could easily imagine having lemonade outside with Sam and Grandmary on a June day. I still think that it along with Felicity's(elegant I love colonial furniture) are the prettiest. However any chair without arms on it would be hard to keep a doll on. I to this day don't collect the furniture.Yet!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 02, 2006 09:31 PM: Message edited by: perndragon ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2005
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Im a Samantha and Felicity furniture kinda girl, but since I have so many I must say I like Kits because its so different from all the others. Still if I had to pick one it would be Sam and Lissie's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •